Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Cutthroat Update

I keep getting asked about more Cutthroat books, so I thought I'd clarify where we stand on those.

I'm currently about halfway through writing #7, which will be called KICKOUT CLAUSE, for real this time. I hope to have the book out by the end of the year, but I can't guarantee anything. Sometimes stuff happens, you know?

I have plans for books 8 and 9. Fairly sure I know exactly what'll happen in ...#8, and I have a good if basic idea for #9 based on what I know will have to happen in the series at that point. I'm working off a basic story arc here. The same way the first five books were planned together, these four (6-9) are planned as one long, over-arching storyline, too, with one book (hopefully) flowing seamlessly into the next. 

There may or may not be a wedding at the end of #9. I'm just not sure yet whether it'll fit there or not. It depends on length and how the end of #9 winds up. If there isn't a wedding in #9, I'll either write a book 10, or a novella or short story.

God willing and all that, of course. Again, stuff happens.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what'll happen. I could possibly foresee another book or novella, if things turn out the way I think they will, but it's hard to make a committed, settled relationship work in fiction, long-term. All the tension is gone, and it becomes sort of boring to read about. To write about, too. So I don't want to drag things out forever. I know you guys love Rafe and Savannah - I do too - but at some point it'll be time to wave goodbye and let them get on with their lives.

Not quite yet, though.

No comments: